Iridium Short Burst Data (SBD) Service is an efficient network protocol designed for shorter sized data messages. SBD uses a proprietary network protocol to transfer data messages to and from the remote terminal. It is possible to send Mobile Originated (MO-SBD) and Mobile Terminated (MT-SBD) messages.
When to use SBD:
- Designed to send shorter sized data messages.
- Average transmission power: 1W
- MO message size up to 1,960 bytes
- MT message size up to 1,890 bytes
- Raw SBD data are sent to users by email in an attached file -unless SBD extra services are requested
- Up to 5 different recipients email addresses
Service is billed according to volume of data exchanged.
SBD extra services
CLS offers a portfolio of real-time value added services for your SBD messages, though a user-friendly web-portal designed to easily manage and download your data, and where GPS positions can be displayed on a web-mapping tool.
- Real-time data and positions decoding
- Compatible with all manufacturers and platforms
- GTS processing & insertion
- Data display & download via a web application (responsive design)
- Web-mapping interface with online access to one year of GPS positions
- Automatic data distribution via FTP or email
- Customized alerts upon request (geofencing, sensor value)
- Automatic data archiving & back-up
- CLS support & expertise
- CLS secured servers & redundant processing centers
MetOcean data is available along tracks by request